The Advanced Cement Materials Laboratory at UWM is a state-of-the-art facility for advanced research on cement and concrete materials.
Equipment and Capabilities:
- Equipment for mixing cement composites
- Milling equipment.
- Compression, Bending and Splitting Machine: ELE ADR-Auto 2000 – 2000kN Max. Capacity; and ADR-Auto 250/25 – 250 kN Max.Capacity
- Admixtures and nano-materials processing equipment
- Isothermal calorimetry unit (TAM air)
- Mercury Porosimeter (Mi Micromeritics autopore IV): Determines the pore size distribution and pore volume of materials. Materials with low surface areas such as powdered metals, glass fibers, and natural organic materials can also be analyzed.
- Environmental Chamber – 14 Cubic Foot Platinous Chamber: Temperature Range: -70 to 180°C (-94 to 356°F); Humidity Range: 10 to 98% RH
- Nitrogen oxides analyzer: Thermo 42i HL from Thermo
- Ultrasonicator – UIP1000hd from Hielscher: Testing and processing of liquids at 20kHz, 1000W